Live micro-organisms that support immunity and digestion
Every probiotic is different. Our SureStart™ BifidoB 019 probiotic (Bifidobacterium lactis) was specially developed to support the developing immune and digestive systems of infants and children as they adjust to new challenges, while our SureStart™ LactoB 001 probiotic (Lactobacillus rhamnosus) has emerged as a leading strain that may support the prevention of allergies.
- Can be used in everything from powders to yoghurts, snacks and beverages
- Helps to protect infants and children from common infections and allergies
- Boosts immunity
- Shown to survive in significant numbers in paediatric powders, giving proven shelf stability
The development of our patented probiotics SureStart™ BifidoB 019 and SureStart™ LactoB 001
More than 2000 potential candidate bacterial strains were put through a range of screening criteria in order to discover SureStart™ BifidoB 019 and SureStart™ LactoB 001.
Through various clinical studies, SureStart™ BifidoB 019 has proven the ability to colonise the intestinal tracts of infants and children, protecting them from common infections such as respiratory tract infections, and boosting immunity. SureStart™ LactoB 001 has demonstrated anti-allergy efficacy, and has been shown to be effective in the prevention of eczema.
A range of consumer-friendly applications
Our probiotic solutions can be applied to powders, yoghurts, drinking yoghurts, cheeses, fruit juices, snacks and beverages. In particular, SureStart™ BifidoB 019 shows excellent survival in paediatric powders such as infant formulae, with proven shelf stability.
How are probiotics utilised by the body?
Probiotics are live micro-organisms which, when administered in adequate amounts, will have a health benefit – such as the immunity boost offered by our SureStart™ BifidoB 019. Ensuring consumers receive adequate doses of robust bacteria that are alive when they reach the digestive system is essential to realising the full potential of probiotics. That’s why SureStart™ BifidoB 019 and SureStart™ LactoB 001 have had such a long research background and plenty of clinincal trials to ensure their effectiveness.
Dietary intervention studies1,2,3 in humans have also demonstrated that both Bifidobacterium lactis (SureStart™ BifidoB 019) and Lactobacillus rhamnosus (SureStart™ LactoB 001) not only survive passage through the human gut but also increase the level of beneficial bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract.
Safe and effective for all age groups
SureStart™ Bifido 019 and SureStart™ LactoB 001 have been shown to be safe and well tolerated across all age groups, from infants to the elderly, and including pregnant women. This is reflected by USFDA-notified GRAS Status and an extensive portfolio of safety information.
Contact us now for details on how to order.
1. Gopal et al Effect of consumption of Bifidobacterium lactis HN019 and galacto-oligosaccharides on microflora of gastrointestinal tract in human subjects Nutrition Research ( 2003)23;1313-1328.
2. Tannock et al Analysis of fecal microflora of human subjects consuming a probiotic product containing Lactobacillus rhamnosus DR20. Applied and Environmental Microbiology (2000) 66:2578-2588.
3. Wickens et al. A differential effect of 2 probiotics in the prevention of eczema and atopy: A double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled trial. J Allergy Clin Immunol 122: 788-794.