Naturally present in milk as part of the milk fat globule membrane, milk phospholipids are complex lipids clinically shown to support a range of health benefits benefits including staying positive(1,2,3,6) and focused(4,5,6) under stress.
Sourced from high phospholipid whey protein concentrate, Milk Phospholipids give manufacturers formulation flexibility to provide consumers with new innovative products.
Available in two variants by total phospholipid levels; MP 70 and MP 100.
- Sports & Lifestyle Nutrition
Disclaimer: While we try to represent product images accurately, the representation on your screen may be different from the actual product for various reasons. Religious/dietary status is indicative only and may vary between material numbers.
Supports mood & cognitive performance under stress
Helps manage the effects of stress, helping maintain performance by staying focussed and positive.
Supports muscle recovery
High in beneficial whey protein which support muscle recovery.
Clean neutral flavor
Ideal for consumers seeking great tasting and functional benefits in their food and beverages.
Both variants have the below additional features:
- Clean, neutral taste
- Halal and Kosher (on request)
- Made from rBST free milk
- New Zealand and Europe origin options available
With growing scientific evidence that diet is as important to mental wellbeing as it is to physical health, consumers are looking to nutrition to support stress, mood, cognitive performance and favour convenient, functional and fortified foods and drinks with health-enhancing ingredients.
To enable manufacturers to reduce development time in this fast & growing market, Fonterra's Research and Development Centre has developed several product concepts; some of them having been tested and approved by consumers*. To get more information on this consumer research, contact us.
More applications to come.
Stress-Buster Granola Bar
Specially formulated for busy people who want to perform under stress. Perfect for breakfast or between meals.
Stress-Buster High Protein Dough Bar
Specially formulated for busy people who want to perform under stress while keeping on track with their health and wellness goals. Perfect before or after a workout or in between meals.
Stress-Buster Supplement Sachet
Formulated for busy people who need to perform under stress, the Stress-Buster supplement sachet is designed to help maintain performance by staying focused and positive.
*Qualitative/quantitative consumers research have been done to assess attractivness of our product concepts.
Understanding the milk fat globule membrane and its potential health benefits in adults
Brain & Body Protein Powder
Stress-Buster Granola Bar
Stress-Buster High-Protein Dough Bar
-  Influence of phosphatidylserine on cognitive performance and cortical activity after induced stress. Baumeister et al, 2008.
-  Influence of phosphatidylserine on mood and heart rate when faced with an acute stressor. Benton et al, 2001.
-  Effects of soy lecithin phosphatidic acid and phosphatidylserinecomplex (PAS) on the endocrine and psychological responses to mental stress. Hellhammer et al, 2004.
-  Effects of milk-based phospholipids on cognitive performance and subjective responses to psychosocial stress. Boyle et al, 2019.
-  Milk-based phospholipids increase morning cortisol availability and improve memory in chronically stressed men. Schubert et al, 2011.
-  Effects of milk phospholipid on memory and psychological stress response. Hellhammer et al, 2010.