Strong healthy environments and communities are the foundations for sustainable dairy farming
Our sustainability priorities
We consider the long-term challenges and shifts we face as a global food producer to ensure we are acting and planning today with a long-term view, managing the risks and identifying the opportunities to deliver a sustainable business.
To summarise Fonterra's approach we have organised our priorities into three main pillars: environment, nutrition and community.
Achieving a healthy environment for farming and society.
- Lead the transition to a low-carbon future by investing in innovation and infrastructure to remove greenhouse gas emissions from our supply chain.
- Improve the health and biodiversity of our land and waters by reducing the impacts of farming and manufacturing and working in partnership with others.
Improving health and wellbeing through the products and services we deliver.
- Improve access to adequate nutrition by developing affordable products tailored to specific nutritional needs of communities.
- Improve the wellbeing of individuals by leading innovation in advanced dairy nutrition to address specific health needs.
Delivering prosperity for our Fonterra farmers and wider communities.
- Support healthy sustainable livelihoods for our co-operative farmers by unlocking the potential of every drop of milk.
- Invest in the future of our communities by sharing what we do best and building farming capability in key emerging dairy markets.