Fonterra releases 2018 Sustainability Report
Fonterra released its second annual sustainabilty report, showing where Fonterra is at, and where it needs to be.
03 Dec 2018
We are working together, for tomorrow.
Miles Hurrell, Fonterra CEO, says the report is one of the ways Fonterra is showing where it’s at and where it needs to get to with sustainability.
This report was prepared using the internationally recognised Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards and has been independently assured. It highlights the three pillars of Fonterra's sustainability framework - Nutrition, Environment and Community. Some of the key mentions include:
- Fonterra launched a new dedicated medical nutrition division
- 92% of Fonterra’s products are totally electronically traceable
- A recent water recycling innovation at Fonterra’s Pahiatua manufacturing site will save about half a million litres of water a day this season.
- $10.3 billion was returned to New Zealand farmers for the 2017/18 season.
- Fonterra Milk for Schools celebrated its fifth year and delivered its 100 millionth portion of milk.