Supporting healthy digestive systems for happy babies.
Ingredients for Digestive Health
- A form of “pre-digested” proteins that are easily digested and rapidly absorbed by the human body – and this is one of the reasons they’re so popular in infant nutrition.
- Suitable for Infants - particularly those facing feeding and digestion issues
SureStart™ Milk Protein Hydrolysate 942
- MPH 942 contains pre-digested proteins that may help reduce the risk of digestive discomfort.
- Hydrolysed protein may be easier for babies to digest and absorb compared with non-hydrolysed protein.
SureStart™ Galacto-oligosaccharide (GOS)
- SureStart™ Galacto-oligosaccharide (GOS) is a soluble prebiotic fibre, available in various formats for use in a wide variety of food applications.
- Supports immune and digestive health - particularly important for infants and young children.
Comfort Plus Paediatric Base Powder
- Manufactured to meet the exacting standards required for the manufacture of formula for infants and young children.
Interested in our Paediatric Ingredients?
SureStart™ has a broad range of ingredients to meet your needs
The SureStart™ range offers a number of ingredients specially designed to support developing digestive systems, and have been shown to help improve digestive comfort outcomes for formula-fed babies.
Our Gut Health Research programme and the development of Hydrolysates
Our Gut Health Research Programme involves numerous collaborators and health providers with preclinical and clinical expertise.
The objective of our research is to determine benefits of our ingredients and the mechanisms underlying these benefits.
Our major focus is gut motility and the impacts of milk proteins.
Currently we are completing a major six-year collaborative study looking at the effect of several ingredients on various parameters of gut structure, function and health.
This involves the use of in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo models.
Preliminary results indicate our hydrolysate range may have digestive comfort benefits compared to intact casein, intact whey protein concentrate and hydrolysed soy protein.
-  Fonterra Mothers & Health Care Professionals (HCPs) consumer research 2011 and 2012; NNB Fonterra Research
-  Berseth et al, 2009; Savino et al, 2003; Vandenplas et al, 2014
-  Dalziel et al, in Preparation
-  DP refers to ‘degree of polymerisation’. DP3+ indicates that our GOS contains oligosaccharides with an average chain length of three or more linked saccharide units.
-  The organic lactose used in GOS manufacture has been approved by the United Kingdom’s Organic Farmers and Growers, and the China Organic Food Certification Center.