SureStart™ LactoB HN001™
An extensively studied probiotic, SureStart™ LactoB HN001™ supports immunity and health for mothers, infants and young children.
Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus HN001*
- Infant Nutrition
Disclaimer: While we try to represent product images accurately, the representation on your screen may be different from the actual product for various reasons. Religious/dietary status is indicative only and may vary between material numbers.
Supports infant immunity
Clinically tested to protect against eczema and reduce the risk of respiratory allergies such as hay fever and rhinitis.
Supports maternal wellbeing
May help to reduce the risk of gestational diabetes and postnatal depression.
High shelf life
Proprietary manufacturing techniques create more robust probiotics for NZMP powder applications.
China approved strain
One of only a few approved probiotics for use in foods for infants and young children in China.
This ingredient has the following features:
- Freeze-dried powder
- Specifications are available for powders or dry supplements
- For maternal and paediatric applications
- Vegetarian, Halal and Kosher
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- New Zealand origin
Globally, 10% of pregnant women and 13% of women post-birth experience a mental health problem.5 In China, 6-28% of women suffer from depression during pregnancy, while 10-28% suffer postnatal depression5.
NZ Clinical Study: A study with 423 pregnant women taking SureStart™ LactoB HN001™ from the second trimester until 6 months following birth demonstrated:
- Reduced prevalence of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) during pregnancy, and
- Significantly reduced symptoms of postnatal depression and anxiety.
SureStart™ is NZMP's brand for Paediatric Nutrition
-  Tang et.al 2018, The Epidemiology of Food Allergy in The Global Context.
-  Gao et.al Prevalence of GDM in mainland China: A systematic review and meta-analysis, 2019.
-  International Diabetes Federation. IDF Diabetes Atlas, 8th edn. Brussels, Belgium: International Diabetes Federation, 2017.
-  Behboudi-Gandevani et.al, The impact of diagnostic criteria for GDM on its prevalence: as systematic review and meta-analysis, 2019.
-  The Effect of Maternal Depression on Infant Attachment: A Systematic Review Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2020, 17, 2675; doi:10.3390/ijerph17082675.
The product should be stored in a freezer below –18°C. It is recommended that it is stored below –30°C. Product has a shelf life of 5 years when stored frozen.
Use immediately after opening. Do not re-seal in the sachet.
A Handling Protocol is available on request.
Let us share more with you
Login to myNZMP and unlock more valuable information about this ingredient
Important Disclaimer: NZMP (and the Fonterra Group) makes no representations or warranties in respect of the information contained on the NZMP website or in this document, including representations or warranties (express or implied) concerning fitness for purpose or appropriateness (including whether such information can be used in compliance with any applicable jurisdiction) in relation to the use in connection with the marketing, promotion and sale of any third party products. Without limiting the foregoing, any use of, or reliance on, the information contained on the NZMP website or in this document is not the responsibility of NZMP or the Fonterra Group.
This information is designed to give a brief overview of the nature and characteristics of our products as at the date of preparation. It does not constitute representations or warranties as to such characteristics, the functionality or potential applications of our products. You must assure yourself of these matters having regard to our detailed product specifications, your specific circumstances and market requirements.
* In April 2020 the Lactobacillus genus was reclassified, resulting in a name change of our probiotic from Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 to Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus HN001. There is no change to the abbreviated scientific notation L.rhamnosus HN001. Additional information can be found here